Registration is Now Open
GEMS Girls’ Club 2017-2018 starts on September 20th at 6:30PM. Register today!
Girls Everywhere Meeting the Savior – For meeting dates please check the New Hope Event Calendar.
More information on GEMS is below!
What is GEMS?
- Dynamic singing and creative movement
- Fun games
- Challenging crafts designed with a purpose
- Meaningful Bible studies
- Opportunities to get to know Jesus
- Service projects that help others developing new life skills
Through these exciting activities, counselors build affirming and encouraging relationships with the girls in their small group of six to eight girls. Each club level is designed to meet the spiritual, social, physical, and emotional needs of girls in these developmental stages. Girls will learn how to apply the lessons of the Bible to their own lives as well as discover answers to many of the challenges facing girls today.
When Does GEMS Meet?
Awareness Level - For Girls in Grades 1 – 3
- Stories from the Bible
- Helping others
- Being considerate
- Who God is
Discovery Level - For Girls in Grades 4 – 6
- Singing and creative movement
- Earning badges to help discover talents and develop skills
- Learning about God throughout His Word and His world
- Participating in meaningful service opportunities
- Use Sparkle Magazine to provide Bible study material for annual theme
Advanced Level - For Girls in Grades 7 – 8
- God’s perspective on inner and outer beauty
- How to come face to face with God
- How joy conquers discontentment
- Overcoming worry
- Peer pressure
- Being physically and spiritually fit